Sunday, September 18, 2011

Keep It Simple ......

I got a valuable Comment on my entry for Mahindra's 'Spark the Rise' competition. It reminded me that sometimes we complicate our thinking:

Pawan Kumar: In your project updates I read your answer to the simple questions: 1)" What exactly is your product? 2) Is it a service, a philosophy, a methodology, a software, or what? Your slide 4/6 gives the answer in two simple lines: 1) The Breakthrough: Intelligent Energy & 2) Converges: philosophy, personal & collective needs, technology. Perhaps the questioner wished to understand Convergence. Now, that may require an explanation of the concept of Intelligent Energy. I would say your update ‘Need for a war on the Obvious' (see last Update on Sep. 16, 2011) makes an excellent beginning. Let me clarify: 1) Killing the Obvious needs a superhuman energy for it is so omnipresent 2) An autonomous System, one with its own energy source, that works seamlessly offline and online for the conduct of administration is superhuman 3) Your work is an autonomous System. It is a Service, a Philosophy, a Methodology and a Software rolled into one. Perhaps I should add that ‘the One’ satisfies Personal and Professional needs because you have gone to great pains to establish it is compelling. For such a System transformation would be a sleight of hand. I would like to see it in operation.

My slide 4/6 referred by Pawan is repeated here:


Pawan inspired me to attempt an imaginary Q & A for the interested reader:

Just what are you doing?  
    • I am engaged in assisting organisation personnel to align for emerging the reality behind the obvious and foster an innovative response.
Next: Now how do you accomplish this amazing feat?: 
    • There is a proven philosophy to it that concludes Feedback will accomplish the job.
 Next: How do you manage Feedback? 
    • By arranging all interactions as a discussion string with rich context.
 Aha. How do you manage the impossibility of capturing all interactions with rich context all the time w/o depending on the personnel and driving them crazy? 
    • Easy. I have developed a single Knowledge process that is compelling for the conduct of interactions in daily work.
 But a single Knowledge process is an impossibility!! Knowledge is a possession. Its sharing is discretionary! 
    • Yes. The one-size-fit-all process is impossible. I have got around that by creating the all-sizes-fit-one Knowledge process.
Now, how did you do that? 
    • Teamwork has evolved. I have studied the norms of evolution and programmed them into software to offer a platform on net technology that replaces email with a facility 50 times more powerful.
Oh really? 
    • Well, I should be saying 100 times more powerful cause it is not a dumb protocol like email insensitive to worker needs. I am not claiming that cause I am in the beta stage and am not a techie. Plenty of scope for improvement.
In my next post I shall introduce the new name Pawan has helped me conceive for my work. I thank him. 

No comments: